There is an hourly email limit per domain, this limit is also applied towards any supported method. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
Many of our servers have a 60 pop checks per hour limit per e-mail address. If you go over this you’re likely to get a wrong password error message saying login incorrect. Just wait an hour and it will automatically unlock you. to prevent this from happening again make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as 10 minutes. Contact us for specific requirements.
Any mailing list larger than 1,000 will require a semi dedicated or dedicated hosting solution from us or a thirt party solution. Note: dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules
All users must comply with all relevant legislation and regulations on bulk and commercial e-mail, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
1. Anytime you’re sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 15 seconds. If the mailing list software you’re using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else. We recommend a third party bulk mail provider or for a personal small list you can use phplist which can be found directly from the vendor. If you do not throttle and you try sending let’s say 500 emails the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go very high and for the entire server to be sluggish until this process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Anyone who causes the servers load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased. This is spamming because they never agreed to you personally sending them mail. We do not care how you justify it. This is spam and will result in termination of the offending account.
3. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail.
4. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States. These can be found at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm
5. No Direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this is DarkMailer. Any mail should be relayed through the local MTA (localhost:25) for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.